Us

Us

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Is it all worth it?

 Before this post is over analyzed by those closest to us I would like to reveal the source of the title. It is simply God's word and out of a heart drenched in worship that I dare write such a bold post. It is the cry of my heart to witness and be a living testimony to my great Jesus. I want to Glorify Him only.

Our Church has been visited by The Holy Spirit. We invited some folks that brought on a renewal in our congregation. The last few weeks our family has simply enjoyed being Christians. We have laughed, cried, soaked in the word, rested intensely and worshipped with our whole being. This interruption in our weekly schedule has made a mess of us. Jesus seems to be all we think about. Our marriage has been blessed. Im not so concerned with seeping sin, the worlds opinion or the impending doom and gloom that surrounds our world. My heart swells up in boldness for my creator and I weep for the lost that do not know Him or care about knowing His BEAUTIFUL word. What an adventure we have been on and ...what a generous God we serve!

  I know we must get off our mountain top soon and slide down into the valley to continue in the fight of Faith. Our friends leave Sunday night but the fire they have started will not burn out. It will continue to spread and in this family...we will never be the same.

God has touched our hearts, healed failures, strengthened us and found a forever dwelling place inside our hearts. Last night we focused on Psalm 91, Faith and really believing. 

  Oh, back to the title...Is it all worth it? I asked myself this question many times in my life. Is the scrutiny, loss of friends, separation of fellowship, adoption of broken hearted and sick children, repenting because I'm broken too, persecution for being different, struggle, submission, sacrifice, service, knowledge of sin, struggle with sins, frailness, weirdness, heartache, longing...is this Christian life worth it all? Is following Jesus easy? Is raising children in GOD's word and having Marriage that honors GOD worth it? The fight against self alone can make you weary but the choice to LIVE for Christ is really difficult at times. Yes, these last few weeks we have been renewed so again we can engage in God's word to win the hearts of men and woman seeking Jesus. 
IT IS ALL WORTH IT!
He paid the price so we know that in every sin, circumstance and fear..God has a better plan. He has covered it all with His blood and we can move on. We can let it go. We can laugh, sing, worship and soak in the huge promises that HE KEEPS! Be encouraged and be bold in your walk with the Lord. He is our steadfast so do not be afraid. Do not care what people think. Care about what God thinks. Be a Jesus freak for Him. Live for Him and no person or persons. He is Faithful ...He is so Faithful.

Psalm 91:1-16
91  He who dwells in athe shelter of the Most High
will abide in bthe shadow of the Almighty.
I will say1 to the Lord, “My crefuge and my dfortress,
my God, in whom I etrust.”
For he will deliver you from fthe snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will gcover you with his pinions,
and under his hwings you will ifind refuge;
his jfaithfulness is ka shield and buckler.
lYou will not fear mthe terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only look with your eyes
and nsee the recompense of the wicked.
Because you have made the Lord your odwelling place—
the Most High, who is my crefuge2
10  pno evil shall be allowed to befall you,
qno plague come near your tent.
11  rFor he will command his sangels concerning you
to tguard you in all your ways.
12  On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you ustrike your foot against a stone.
13  You will tread on vthe lion and the wadder;
the young lion and xthe serpent you will ytrample underfoot.
14  “Because he zholds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he aknows my name.
15  When he bcalls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and chonor him.
16  With dlong life I will satisfy him
and eshow him my salvation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment