Us

Us

Monday, January 23, 2012

To worry

 
 Often enough I hear comments of how many older children adopted from any country are a big challange, full of problems and baggage. On two occasions this week alone people have told us, "Wow, you guys are lucky he is a good kid!"

   Today I would like to throw caution to the wind and be a bit honest with you. I feel like I want to scream when a comment like this is made.  Sometimes I feel so sick to my stomach that vomitting could be an option.  I apologize but I am not a great enough writer to describe in detail the depth of that statement and insult I feel  the very creator God feels when it is made.. .. We are all fearfully and wonderfully made. All of us.

    Our son is a blessing to us when we are seeing his sin nature clearly and when he is lit up honoring God and us as his new parents. Im really glad we were not tossed aside as the ,"problem child" when Christ surrendered each palm to be nailed to the cross. I dont speak out of anger only a reality we live in daily with a forgiving and gracious God who gives us all we need as a family to live each day and relish in His forgiveness and....adoption. So much fear and worry pumolts the Church when it comes to doing what God asks us to do by adopting the Fatherless. There is no need to let fear rule your heart.



   I am reading a fiction book that has a great dialogue about fear.....worry and God's redemtion.....between Jesus and a man named Mack. i hope you enjoy it......

   "Why do I do that? asked Mack. "
"It is your desperate attempt to get some control over something you cant. It is impossible for you to take power over the future because it isnt even real, nor will it ever be real. You try and play God imagining the evil that you fear becoming reality, and then you try and make plans and contingencies to avoid what you fear.
 "Yeah thats basically what Sarayu was saying," responded Mack. " So why do I have so much fear in my life?"

" Because you dont believe. You dont know that we love you. The person who lives in their fears will not find freedom in my love. I am not talking about rational fears regarding legitimate dangers, but imagined fears and especially the projection of those into the future. To the degree that those fears have a place in your life, you neither believe I am good nor know deep in your heart that I love you. You sing about it; you talk about it, but you dont know it."

God is good and He does good.

Love Jamie


  

1 comment:

  1. Praise God you posted this! No one is every LOST if he is meet with and surrounded by God's relentless love and desire to adopt through His son's sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete