Us

Us

Friday, March 25, 2011

12,822

life is how God shows off!


Hello all,
 Tonight I had the honor to attend a fundraising banquet for Lifetime PHC. I have volunteered there for  some time and its a ministry close to my heart. They help families heal from abortion, provide resources, education and peer counseling for pregnant woman, families and new moms alike. They are a listening ear and a free pregnancy test with support and complete honesty on all they will encounter in making a decision to hopefully choose life.

  I started volunteering there because God told me to. Its really that simple. I remember walking into the training classes thinking, " okay, well here I am to learn and i'm not even sure what, but i'm here. " I learned  what an abortion was and the miracle that life really is.  I learned why I lost a friend so many years ago in high school and flash backs of a conversation with her ran through my mind. God has a purpose for every life. I know this as well because the second time she became pregnant she did choose life.

  Through the years volunteering God has made it even more personal. In the midst of an International adoption of a child who was not aborted, I often thank God for the life his mom gave him. I thank God that despite the difficult circumstances she may have faced, she chose life and now thanks to her, I will be a mom. In the area of Russia my son is from and the year he was born there were 12,822 abortions. My sweet son was not one of them. There are 40,000 in Illinois aborted each year as of 2009 stats. There were 300 in my county alone. My small little county.

 My husband and I spent about three hours this morning making phone calls, deciphering emails and researching law for a single document that is newly required by our Russian judge for our adoption. In the three hours we spent doing this 111 babies were aborted in the USA. Its time to stand up, rise up and do what we were called to do as believers and stand in the truth that abortion is wrong.

 Thank You God for the mercy you have had on this nation. Thank you for the 130,000 dollars given tonight by people wanting to make a difference in the lives of those hurt by abortion. Thank you Lord for protecting our son and his family from this pain.

Russia continues to have the highest abortion rate in the world, as did the Soviet Union. In the mid-1990s, the Russian average was 225 terminated pregnancies per 100 births and ninety-eight abortions for every 1,000 women of childbearing age per year--a yearly average of 3.5 million. An estimated one-quarter of maternal fatalities result from abortion procedures.

-Jamie




No comments:

Post a Comment